Opportunities for Volunteering
There are many different positions you can volunteer for with IRCNOCO. Listed below are some descriptions of those positions that will assist you in the volunteer application form further down the page. You can volunteer for whichever day or days fit your schedule.
Little Learners Classroom Volunteers
Work with our Little Learners Coordinator to assist with classroom activities including games, free play, art making, story time, music, and more.
- Class One is Monday–Thursday from 8:15–10:45 am.
- Class Two is Monday–Thursday 10:45 am–1:15 pm.
- Class Three is Monday and Wednesday night 5:30–8:45 pm.
Little Learners at School District 6 Family Center
Our off-site Little Learners opportunities through our collaboration with school District 6 are listed below.
- Tuesday and Thursday afternoons 4:15-6:00 pm
- Tuesday and Thursday nights 5:45–7:45 pm
- Saturday mornings 8:45am–12:15pm
Located at the D6 Family Center: 1113 10th Ave, Greeley, CO, 80631
ESL Classroom Assistant
Assist our IRCNOCO teachers in the adult ESL classrooms. We offer classes ranging from English Level 0–5, High school Equivalency and Citizenship classes.
- Morning classes are Tuesday–Thursday from 8:30–10:30 am.
- Afternoon classes are Monday–Thursday 11:00 am–1:00 pm.
- Evening classes are Monday and Wednesday night 5:30–8:30 pm.
Work one-on-one or in groups assisting students and clients who are looking for additional help before or after class, with conversation partners, computer literacy training, and/or employment assistance. Tutor training and support provided.
- Tutoring occurs between 10:30–11:30am Tuesday–Thursday.
Food Truck Volunteer
The general duties of this position include handing out food or goods, and requires lifting, following safety protocol, being outdoors, and standing for a few hours. Additional language skills are helpful too. Volunteers should commit to being there from 9:45–Noon (or until everything is cleaned up). Groups of up to 15 people can come together, but they must sign up beforehand.
- Meets on the 2nd and 4th Friday of the month at the old IRCNOCO site: 917 10th Ave, Greeley, CO 80631.