WHo and When to call in case of an emergency...

Dial 911 when there is:

  • A life threatening emergency/ limb threatening emergency, a health condition will worsen on way to hospital, a person needs special skills/equipment for condition to improve, a distance/traffic that will delay the person from getting to the hospital, a gas leak, a accident/ situation that requires immediate medical assistance

Call the Police when there is:

  • A non-emergency type issues: noise complaint, theft, suspicious person, traffic collision/ incident, parking compliant *ANY emergency event should result in calling 911* 
    • Evans Police Department: 1100 37th St, Evans, CO 80620, (970) 339-2441
    • Greeley Police Department: 2875 W 10th St, Greeley, CO 80634,  (970) 350-9600

Call the Fire Department when there is:

  • A fire, a animal or person is trapped, critical weather, a event/party has become out of hand
    • Greeley Fire Department Station 4 2191 1st Ave, Greeley, Co 80631, (970) 353-3741
    • Evans Fire Protection District 2100 37th St, Evans, CO 80620, (970) 339-3920

Call the emergency room when there is:

  • A health emergency that you are unsure on how to handle, you are unsure if you should call an ambulance
    • North Colorado Medical Center: Emergency Room 1801 16th St, Greeley, CO 80631, (970) 810-4121

Call Poison Control when there has been:

  • Contact with a substance that may be poisonous (contact: swallowing, splashed in the eyes or on the skin, breathed in, or injected), or you are expresses serious symptoms of being poisoned
    • (303) 739-1100
  • Visit this website to assess what extent someone has been poisoned

Call Animal Control when there is:

  • A lost domesticated animal, wildlife near home/building, stray animal, deceased animals on road/highway, Emergency situations: rabid animal, animal hit by car, dog bite in progress, animal in traffic, vicious dog/animal, animal locked in hot car (call animal control immediately
    • Greeley Animal Control 2875 W 10th St, Greeley, CO 80634 (970) 350-9600

Call utility companies when: 

  • The power goes out and the fuse box cannot be reset, any issues with electricity in home/business (Contact your provider)
    • Xcel Energy  1500 6th Ave, Greeley, CO 80631 (800) 895-4999
    • Thermo Power & Electric 510 18th St, Greeley, CO 80631 (970) 352-6700
    • Capital Power Income LP 510 E 18th St, Greeley, CO 80631 (970) 352-6700
  •  There is a problem with purity of water and or you need a water test (Contact your provider)
    • Greeley Water & Sewer Department (Water Utility Company)1100 10th St #300, Greeley, CO 80631(970) 350-9811
    • Central Weld County Water District 2235 2nd Ave, Greeley, CO 80631
  • There is a  problem with gas in the home **If there is a gas leakage then immediately  leave home and call 911**
    • Atmos Energy Corporation 1200 11th Ave, Greeley, CO 80631(970) 304-2048


What these hazard symbols mean

High Voltage is when there is a strong electric potential that can casue injury or be life threatrening 

Radioactive Materials can cause harm to the body and increase risk of cancer

Toxic Material can be life threatening if exposed to or consumed


Biohazardous Materials are any biological material (plant, animals) that pose a threat to any other organism’s health (humans, other animals/plants)

Co2 is hazardous to the environments’ and individuals’ health if there is a prolonged exposure

Oxidizing Materials can increase the risk of a fire or explosion

Carcinogens are substances that are capable of causing cancer